The purpose of this policy is:
- to ensure we are collecting, using and disposing of data in a responsible and sensible manner
- to provide staff with guidance on procedures regarding the collection, usage, storage and deletion of data
Europa is committed to ensuring the privacy of all of our customers and partners and promises to maintain all of our third party data in line with current official guidance.
We collect and keep data on the following data subjects:
- Management Staff
- Students and their next-of-kin (emergency contacts)
- Host families
- Teaching and support staff
- Agents/representatives, Educational Travel Operators (ETOs), sponsors (such as embassies)
We collect different types of personal information for six main reasons:
- So that students can enrol on a course of study with us.
- So that we ensure we are complying with the law.
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To keep students up-to-date about the courses they have enrolled for, or services they have bought.
- To fulfil contracted services.
- If we have permission from the user, to market courses and services to them.
Our commitment to privacy:
- We will ensure that we adhere to this policy at all times and we will also ensure that any partner organisation meets the same standard of data protection.
- We will only contact third parties with marketing emails where we have clear permission to do so.
- Third parties will alsways know why we are asking for data and what we are going to use it for
- We will only collect relevant data and use it for the purpose it was given. Eg next of kin details will never be used for marketing purposes.
- We will minimise the amount of data we collect and keep.
- If a data subject would like to us to check, change or erase their data, they may do so at any time, by contacting email@example.com provided that it does not affect our legal or contractual obligations.
We collect information:
- when students enrol for a course
- when homestay providers, agent representatives, ETOs or sponsors work with us
- when we engage teaching or support staff
- through cookies on our website
The legal bases for collecting and processing data are:
- Public Task
- Vital Interest
- Legal Obligation
- Legitimate Interest
We will keep data for up to 3 years after a student’s course has finished/a member of staff contract has ended/a homestay relationship or agent/ETO/sponsor relationship. has terminated. After this time, the data is managed to make sure that it is either erased from our system, or minimised and kept for legal reasons.
Europa School of English does not sell data at any time, for any reason.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our websites. We may also aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information for internal research purposes only, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.