Language Workshops2 language workshops of 60 minutes each per week
In addition to your course you can book 2 language workshops of 60 minutes each per week. The workshops take place in the afternoon on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 4:30 pm. The Monday workshop treats productive and receptive skills (we do them on alternate weeks) and on Thursday it is time for our “Job Club Workshop”.
The price for 2 workshops per week is £19.00 per person.
- Look at a whole range texts from different genres (print media, longer fiction, shorter fiction, plays etc)
- Explore different reading techniqes including reading for exams
- Read critically for authorship, bias and text purpose (at higher levels)
- Read and respond to lots of fun and interesting texts
- Look at a whole range of audio-visual material from different sources (films, series, spoken word, speeches)
- Explore different listening techniques including listening for exams
- Listen critically for authorship, bias and text purpose
- Listen to and watch lots of fun and interesting audio-visual material
Speaking and Pronunciation Skills
- Focus on both fluency and accuracy
- Focus on pronunciation and intonation
- Take part in stimulating debates, discussions and conversations on a variety of topics
- Learn how to plan and deliver presentations
- Produce a whole range of texts of different genres (letters, emails, social media posts, stories, reports etc.)
- Learn how to plan, structure and edit texts effectively.
- Learn how to write coherent texts with topic sentences and paragraphs
- Write texts in class with the guidance of your teacher
- Write a CV and covering letter in English
- Learn how to create a elevator pitch
- Practise for interviews in English
- Navigate recruitment websites
We recommend booking the workshops prior to arrival together with your course booking.
On site bookings are possible but subject to availability.